Explicit file permissions for sftp-server

Rob C candland at xmission.com
Fri Nov 5 10:43:48 EST 2010

Hello again,

Even with umask working (thanks very much!) I have found that I require
more control over file permissions with sftp-server/internal-sftp.

Please see the attached patch.  It adds yet another option to
sftp-server (-m) that will force file permissions.

I have a been running a patched version of 5.6p1 under RHEL4 in
production with no problems.  Please consider including this change or
something similar in the next release.

Please note that the attached patch is a diff from cvs version 1.92 of
sftp-server.c

Best regards and thanks again,

Rob Candland