5.5p1/5.6p1 fails tests on SCO Openserver 5.0.7

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Thu Sep 2 06:10:01 EST 2010

Hi Roger,

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, Roger Cornelius wrote:

> Openssh 5.5p1 and 5.6p1
> SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
>
> I've built various versions of openssh on SCO OSR5.0.7 over the years
> without much of a problem.  Beginning with 5.5p1 however, I have been
> unable to get a working install.  I'm building with gcc 2.95.3.  The
> build completes normally, but 'make tests' fails on several tests:

[snip]

OpenServer 5 is strange. You'll probably find these tests will pass
if you copy your tree to /usr/tmp and test there. I've had to do this
for a long time on OpenServer 5.
My normal build dir (for 5.6) is /usr/local/src/networking/openssh-5.6
testing there fails.
$ tail x.tst
sftp commands: rmdir
sftp commands: lmkdir
sftp commands: lchdir
rm: cannot remove .
rm: cannot remove ..
rm: .cvsignore not removed: Read-only file system (error 30)
failed sftp commands
gmake[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp_mnt/opt/src/networking/openssh/openssh-5.6/regress'
gmake: *** [tests] Error 2

But copying it all to /usr/tmp/openssh-5.6 gets me
$ tail x.tst2
certified user keys: principals key option principals auth authorized_keys expect success rsa_v00
certified user keys: principals key option no principals auth authorized_keys expect failure rsa
certified user keys: principals key option no principals auth authorized_keys expect failure rsa_v00
certified user keys: user rsa connect wrong cert
certified user keys: user dsa connect wrong cert
certified user keys: user rsa_v00 connect wrong cert
certified user keys: user dsa_v00 connect wrong cert
ok certified user keys
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp_mnt/opt/src/networking/openssh/openssh-5.6/regress'
all tests passed

> I haven't pursued beyond this since the cert- scripts are show stoppers.
> I've perused the mailing list archives and don't see anything similar.
> I've also tried building without optimization on the off chance it was
> something to do with gcc.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

One other tip, on 5.0.7 you can put this
CPPFLAGS="-Dvsnprintf=_xvsnprintf -Dsnprintf=_xsnprintf"
in front of your configure command to use the native POSIX vsnprintf/snprintf
instead of the ones in openbsd-compat.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net