Call for testing: OpenSSH-5.9

Morty Abzug morty at frakir.org
Thu Aug 18 16:08:40 EST 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 10:30:10AM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:

> OpenSSH 5.9 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate
> testing on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release
> contains a couple of new features and changes and bug fixes. Testing
> of the new sandboxed privilege separation mode (see below) would be
> particularly appreciated.

On Solaris 9, make tests failed.  The last few lines are:

run test connect.sh ...
ok simple connect
run test proxy-connect.sh ...
ok proxy connect
run test connect-privsep.sh ...
Connection closed by UNKNOWN
ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 failed
failed proxy connect with privsep
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/morty/src/openssh/regress'
make: *** [tests] Error 2

On Solaris 10, same failure:

run test connect.sh ...
ok simple connect
run test proxy-connect.sh ...
ok proxy connect
run test connect-privsep.sh ...
Write failed: Broken pipe
ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 1 failed
Write failed: Broken pipe
ssh privsep/sandbox+proxyconnect protocol 2 failed
failed proxy connect with privsep
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/morty/src/openssh/regress'
make: *** [tests] Error 2

Both are with openssh-SNAP-20110818.tar.gz, ./configure --with-pam.

On the plus side, ssh to various ScreenOS versions succeeds.
Presumably this is due to RequestTTY=auto making PTY allocation
failure non-fatal again.

scp to ScreenOS is still broken.

- Morty