ssh-agent and IdentityFile

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Dec 15 03:40:32 EST 2011

On 12/13/2011 05:52 PM, Tony Kay wrote:
> Host=hostAAdmin
> Hostname=repos.example.com
> IdentityFile=userb
>
> Of course, these key files are password protected.

Have you tried setting IdentityFile to userb.pub instead of userb and
public key) will not be password-protected.  I was told by a colleague
that specifying the .pub form let her ssh client prioritize which of the
several keys she had loaded into her agent she would offer to the server
first.

I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet, nor do i remember what
version of OpenSSH my colleague was using.

If it works for you (or doesn't), please report back!

hth,

	--dkg