pkcs11 : extract pubkey from x509 certificates

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Feb 18 03:49:47 EST 2011

On 02/17/2011 11:38 AM, Laurent Barbe wrote:
> About PKCS11, some provider allows only the use of X509
> certificate.
> Are there plans to add the ability to extract the public key from
> certificates when there is no public key?

I'm not sure this question makes sense.  All X.509 certificates have a
public key (the subject's public key) in them by definition.

Do you mean something else?  (apologies if this is a simple typo that i
should be able to guess what you mean -- this stuff is confusing enough
that being really clear and explicit is helpful, though)

	--dkg