ssh 'connection reset by peer' problem since 5.8p1

Andrew Ng andrew at nglee.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 22:18:31 EST 2011

Oren Held <oren <at> held.org.il> writes:

> 1. I confirm that above fix works for me also. Alternatively, as reported in
> Debian bug #612607, adding '-c aes128-ctr' to the ssh command line does the
> trick as well.

The '-c aes128-ctr' workaround also works for Cygwin OpenSSH 5.8p1 connection
issues. I tried using the '-c' option with the default list of ciphers from the
SSH man page and this once again caused the connection issue. I then tried
trimming down the list and this appeared to also fix the connection issue.

So could it be somehow related to this list of ciphers?

Regards,
Andrew