openssh and keystroke timing attacks (again)

Andrew Clausen clausen at econ.upenn.edu
Mon Jan 3 05:39:52 EST 2011

Hi Damien,

On 1 January 2011 05:29, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:
>> Yes, I agree that the client_loop() could do with some renovation.
>> What did you have in mind?
>
> Probably converting it to libevent.

That sounds like a good idea.  It's a fairly big job though...
channels.c would need to be changed substantially, and

void channel_prepare_select(fd_set **, fd_set **, int *, u_int*, int);
void channel_after_select(fd_set *, fd_set *);

would disappear from channels.h.  These are called from clientloop.c,
serverloop.c and ssh-agent.c, which also need a lot of work.  So I
don't think I'll have time to do it.  But I think it's worth doing!

Cheers,
Andrew