Call for testing: OpenSSH-5.7

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Sat Jan 8 06:51:19 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 06:31:24 -0600, Damien Miller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 5.7 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release contains a
> couple of large and intrusive features and changes and quite a number of
> bug fixes.

Hi,

The 20110110 snapshot builds on RHEL 5 (x86_64), Solaris 9 (SPARC), and
FMac OS X (Intel). It passes the regression tests on the RHEL 5 system,
but fails on the other two.

Initially, the OS X case failed with:

ok banner
run test rekey.sh ...
no rekeying occured
failed rekey during transfer data
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1

However, after editing my PATH, it now fails in keytype.sh. The Solaris
system likewise fails in keytype.sh.

In both cases, I suspect that the version of OpenSSL may be an issue,
although previous OpenSSH releases (5.6 for example) have tested
correctly on these systems.

--
Iain Morgan