Call for testing: OpenSSH-5.7

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sun Jan 9 09:15:37 EST 2011

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Roumen Petrov wrote:

> Damien Miller wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
> > ok, I see it now. I'd recommend "make -f Makefile.in distprep
> > MANFMT=nroff" (or MANFMT=mandoc if you have it).
>
> It is not for me. It is for the manuals that users could found in
> internet and in the next decade ordinary users will complain.

Ordinary users don't need this step if they are building from a snapshot
or distribution tarball since I do this step as part of the release
process. It is only necessary for builds from CVS. If the users are
building from CVS, then they must be able to figure out how to adapt to
changes in the build process.

-d