Call for testing: OpenSSH-5.7

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Sat Jan 15 20:35:18 EST 2011

On Jan 15 08:24, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > On Jan 14 15:08, Damien Miller wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Thanks everyone for their test reports. Last night Tim Rice and I fixed
> > > some makefile and regress test problems that were causing some tests
> > > not to run completely.
> > >
> > > If you have the opportunity, we'd appreciate if you could rerun your tests
> > > with the latest snapshot (20110114).
> >
> > All tests still pass on Cygwin, except for sftp-glob.
> >
> > However, I'm a bit tired having to change regress/Makefile all the time
> > to run the tests.  Therefore, would you mind to apply the below patch?
> >
> > It disables the sftp globbing tests testing backslashes in filenames.
> > These can't work due to backslashes being directory separators on
> > Windows(*).
>
> I think we should propogate the host type into the regress environment,
> since there are a couple of other platform quirks that we can use it for
> (e.g. Darwin/OSX's failure of the agent-ptrace test).

That's a good idea.  I just don't think you should use "CYGWIN" as the
name of the variable.  It should rather reflect the affected restriction
so you can abstract from the name of the host system.  I think that would
be clearer:

case $HOSTNAME in
host1)
  restriction1=yes
  ;;
host2)
  restriction2=yes
  ;;
host3)
  restriction1=yes
  restriction2=yes

test1 args $restriction1
test2 args $restriction2

So, in this case, what about changing $CYGWIN to something along the
lines of $no_bs_in_fname?

Other than that your patch works fine on Cygwin.

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen