openssh PTY allocation

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jul 28 07:24:37 EST 2011

Once upon a time, Markus Friedl <mfriedl at gmail.com> said:
> Do you have a banner vendor string that identifies all broken versions?

Well, I can't say all broken versions, but it is my understanding that
this affects current ScreenOS versions (and probably old versions as
well).  I'd have to set up a test to try different versions, but it
appears that all ScreenOS devices use the banner "SSH-2.0-NetScreen"
(NetScreen is the name of the product line from before Juniper bought
them; they have not changed that internally).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>