Openwindows run on remote machine on OpenSSH_3.9p1 solaris 5.8

Mark Crick (AU) mark.crick at dimensiondata.com
Thu Jun 2 15:10:47 EST 2011

Hi,

I've had some strange recent behaviour from ssh (OpenSSH_3.9p1 Solaris 5.8).

I have an application that runs a script that run a remote command over ssh, however rather than running the command ssh tried to run openwindows (an xsession app, i think). Every time the application ran the command the same issue would occur, until the application was restarted. The command it should have been trying to run had nothing to do with xsessions. I was to get output from the app to show that the ssh command was being built and run correctly. Stupidly I forgot to get verbose mode output from SSH. I'm thinking there must of be profile issue, maybe.
I also experienced a similar issue were the ssh process hung (the command it was running has finished), i pstacked the ssh processes and they were stuck in reads() (forgot to truss). The issue also went away when the app was restarted.
Anyone heard of any bugs similar?

Thanks,

Mark Crick