SSH book reviewers wanted

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 07:12:05 EST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]
<cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm all for high quality documentation, but I completely disagree with
> someone charging for a book which is aimed at an free and open source
> product :S

   I have books on postfix, dovecot, samba, bind, RT, and other free
and open source projects. They do have their place, specially if they
are well done; what you are paying for is someone's time not only to
compile info but also to organize it in a nice, pleasing, and useful
way.

Information -- be it on rebuilding a supercharger, care and
maintenance of an inflatable sheep, or design of third degree speaker
cabinets -- is out there. Sometimes getting the info is part of the
fun. Other times you may decide the cost of buying a book is less than
your time to get info.

Of course, the best part of a book is that you do not have to buy it
if you do not want.