Enhance sftp protocol: get SHA hash of file

Philipp Marek philipp.marek at linbit.com
Wed Jun 29 22:07:10 EST 2011

On Wednesday 29 June 2011, Thomas Güttler wrote:
> I tried to find more info about "Manber-Hash". You are the author
> of this perl module?
Yes.

> Unfortunately the link on this page is broken:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~pmarek/Digest-ManberHash-0.7/ManberHash.pm
That's bad.

> This page does not exist any more:
> http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/manber94finding.html.
The paper was named "Finding Similar Files in a Large File System";
  http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.12.3222&rep=rep1&type=pdf
seems to be a version of it.

> My intention for the hash values enhancement for sftp is a deduplication
> backup system. I would cut files into chunks with a fixed offset.
Well, if you'd prefer a C implementation, there's
  http://fsvs.tigris.org/source/browse/fsvs/branches/fsvs-1.2.x/fsvs/src/checksum.c?revision=2423&view=markup
with documentation here:
  http://doc.fsvs-software.org/doxygen-gif/checksum_8c.html#_details

Regards,