Proposal for collaboration

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sun Mar 27 22:16:22 EST 2011

Hi,

We'd probably support the your first two feature requests (delegating
authorized_keys and known_hosts lookups) though agents or plugins.
There are a couple of outstanding bugs on https://bugzilla.mindrot.org/
with patches to implement at least the authorized_keys part of this
that have been on my TODO list for a while (and will probably stay
there for a little while longer, sorry)

I don't know if we would be that interested in externally-managed
.shosts/.rhosts support. Hostbased authentication is a niche feature
as it is and I'm not convinced that we should invest more effort to
generalise it. I guess if the authorized_keys agent/helper code is
reusable then we might consider it.

-d