ssh 'connection reset by peer' problem: updates

Oren Held oren at held.org.il
Thu May 5 05:23:18 EST 2011

Hi,

The new interesting piece of information regarding the problem I (and others) reported here on February, is that it's reproducible on some Cisco-firewalled networks.
I concluded that because that's what my workplace is using, and also seen this report on https://www.nowhere.dk/articles/natty-narwhal-problems-connecting-to-servers-behind-cisco-firewalls-using-ssh

I've also summarized all information known to me so far, from multiple sources:
http://www.held.org.il/blog/2011/05/the-myterious-case-of-broken-ssh-client-connection-reset-by-peer/

Note that now that Ubuntu 11.04 is out, more people are upgrading to 5.8p1 and are about to be exposed to this problem.

Maybe it's just a Cisco bug and there's nothing to change in OpenSSH, and still we should remember that the problem is triggered only from 5.7p1.

Best Regards,

Oren