Bug found in openssh 5.8p1 source

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed May 18 12:19:40 EST 2011

I was compiling the 5.8p1 source for CentOS 5.6 by installing the
CentOS 5.6 source RPM for 4.3p2 and stealing the configure command
they use to ensure I had all the same bits. I needed this to chroot
some SFTP users and need the "Match" operator. The configure went well
(once I had satisfied all the requirements).

Upon compiling, however, I hit a syntax error in one of the files.
In "openbsd-compat/port-linux.c", line 216 is missing an opening "{".

WAS:

        if (path == NULL)
                setfscreatecon(NULL);
                return;
        }

SHOULD BE:

        if (path == NULL) {
                setfscreatecon(NULL);
                return;
        }

Just thought you should know.
- ...Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror -
-                      and you'd be on your own, pal!                -