Detect PID of sshd processes used by one public key; detect -R allocated port on the server

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Sun Oct 9 00:24:50 EST 2011

--On 8 October 2011 06:56:03 -0400 Phil Pennock <phil.pennock at globnix.org>
wrote:

> On 2011-10-08 at 10:01 +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
>> I can't help but think that log line would be more useful if it said
>> which public key was accepted (am willing to provide a patch, but would
>> prefer to avoid a code change).
>
> LogLevel VERBOSE

LogLevel VERBOSE only tells you what line number is matched. That is
not much use if authorized_keys changes over time (it does for me)
and ssh sessions could be up for days. I think it will also log
key fingerprints, but I don't know how one can obviously associate
them with a particular matched line (especially if your authorized_key
file contains the same key on multiple lines with different from=
match blocks).

--
Alex Bligh