ssh_SSLeay_add_all_algorithms()

Robert Dugal rdugal at certicom.com
Fri Sep 9 20:46:59 EST 2011

I am using the --with-ssl-engine option when I configure.
However, because the ssh apps no longer call SSLeay_add_all_algorithms() this option basically does nothing. The option will result in ssh_SSLeay_add_all_algorithms() code being compiled but because there are no references to that function in the ssh apps, in most cases it will get stripped from the ssh apps.

The ssh apps call OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() which is not affected by the preprocessor definitions added by the --with-ssl-engine option.
I looked at openssl 1.0.0d and openssl 0.9.7a.
They both define OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() as OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf() or OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf() depending on whether OPENSSL_LOAD_CONF is defined.

--
Robert Dugal	Team Lead SSL & PKI Group
Certicom Corp.	A Subsidiary of Research In Motion

rdugal at certicom.com
direct       	+1.289.261.4148
mobile      	+1.416.276.8062
main         	+1.905.507.4220