SSH Compression - Block Deduplication

Matt Olson molson at atlantis.oceanconsulting.com
Tue Sep 13 01:26:41 EST 2011

Dan,

All perfectly valid points.

Nomachine, being a commercial product, is not likely to achieve ubiquity.

I agree that SSH may not be the ideal layer.  SSH support for X11
forwarding implies some level of interest by the community in X11
tunneling.  The thought behind implementing deduplication is that it is
likely a significant aid to X11 traffic and may provide some benefit to
other workloads as well.

I may look around and see if I can find a library that does another layer
of tunneling or a Xorg addon to provide deduplication.

Thanks for your comments.

Matt