scp fails after sending command: scp -v -t

phorminx at web.de phorminx at web.de
Tue Sep 13 07:57:10 EST 2011

> oh, great idea! a misconfigured stateful firewall can screw up TCP
> window scaling. You can test this by disabling window scaling on
> either end (exactly how is platform dependent, on Linux it's usually
> "sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_adv_win_scale=0"

Thanks! Actually, if I understand the tcp man page correctly, it
should be net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling, and sysctl requires `-w'.
Anyway, unfortunately this does not work for me  :-(

I am certainly not an expert for such things. Nonetheless,
what really irritates me about this is that I can use ssh in certain
ways to transfer arbitrary amounts of data without any problems.
Only some other ways that I'd prefer to use are failing.