scp fails after sending command: scp -v -t

phorminx at web.de phorminx at web.de
Mon Sep 26 03:26:45 EST 2011

> I travel quite a bit. Normally I never have had any problems using
> ssh / scp / sftp to connect from my laptop to my computer at home
> / in the office. Currently (for the next 6 months, too long to
> ignore it) I'll stay in a place where scp / sftp seem to fail,
> while as usual I have no problems to establish an interactive ssh
> connection to these remote computers.

Hello

I thought I'd suffer for 6 month from this failing scp connection
(probably due to a misconfigured firewall or something similar
beyond my control). Yet somehow the internet connection of the place
where I stay got reconfigured from scratch. Among other things that
changed, this also made my scp problems go away -- whatever they were.