How to set an attribute for a link?

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 06:57:57 EST 2012

Hi,

I am working on fuse4x (fuse for macosx) and sshfs. And I discovered a
bug with sshfs when copying a link over sshfs is failed. It happens
because sshfs tries to invoke SETSTAT on a link when target is not
copied yet. I checked sshfs sources and found that it uses
SSH_FXP_SETSTAT operation.
https://github.com/fuse4x/sshfs/blob/master/sshfs.c#L2287
SSH_FXP_SETSTAT sets attributes to target file but I need to set an
attribute to link itself. What I need is SSH_FXP_LSETSTAT.

I tried to search over web and did not find any mention of
SSH_FXP_LSETSTAT. Is there any official way to set an attribute for a
link? Is there any openssh specific extension for it or maybe some
workaround?

Here is another related bug reported against linux debian

Thanks for you help.