Feature request: virtual servers

Philipp Marek philipp.marek at linbit.com
Wed Apr 25 18:02:11 EST 2012

Hello everybody,

I'd like to get SSH provide some virtual server feature.

Eg. when connecting to an existing server on a different port I'd like to
chroot all users to some directory.

This can currently be done by starting sshd twice, with different config
files (or perhaps command line options); but getting that "right" for all
circumstances (init.d, upstart, systemd, ...) is hard.

So I'd like to ask for the "Match" statements to allow matching the
accepting port number and/or IP address.

Another example: when connecting to a service-IP-address I want to use some
"common" host keys, not the per-server generated ones; but, as the files
might only get accessible when the service IP is on this machine, too, that
would mean loading the server keys _after_ accepting the connection ... so
that might be a bit more work, but would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Phil