scp -3 and filenames

Marco listaddr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 20:04:43 EST 2012

I really appreciate the recent introduction of the -3 option to scp to
perform remote-to-remote copies going through the local machine. I
understand this option disables the progress meter (although I don't
understand the reason for that, but surely it's just me not knowing
the internals well enough). However, would it be terribly complicated
to just print the bare names of the files being copied? After all,
when using -v the names are printed (in between the other debugging
stuff).

Thanks.