Regarding Pubkey Enumeration

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sat Jan 21 08:27:12 EST 2012

This is a deliberate feature - it allows testing whether a pubkey can
log in without the need to unwrap a private key, an action that may
require a passphrase or token PIN.

It's been discussed a bit here and elsewhere in the past and we've
always concluded that it isn't worth turning off or providing a knob
for.