Server/Client Alive mechanism issues

Jeff Mitchell jmitchell at ll.mit.edu
Fri Jan 27 04:20:50 EST 2012

On 01/25/2012 07:34 PM, Iain Morgan wrote:
>> I guess I figured that OpenSSH would already have some insight into the
>> state of its connection (or be performing something like
>> double-buffering) simply for its own performance optimization, and thus
>> would have an idea as to whether its channel was saturated, at which
>> point it could ensure to carve out some space for its own purposes.
>>

> What happens if you increase the interval somewhat, say 10 seconds?

Essentially, from our testing, if the interval*maxcount > amount of time
we're shoving data through the pipe, we are fine, otherwise we get
disconnected.

It's what you would expect if the keepalives are in contention with the
data...that's just not what I expected would be the case  :-)

Thanks,
Jeff