warning from configuring openssh-6.0p1

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jul 2 22:39:47 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 14:21 -0700, Support Team wrote:
> In file included from conftest.c:108:
> /usr/include/linux/filter.h:21: error: parse error before "__u16"
> /usr/include/linux/filter.h:23: error: parse error before "jf"
> /usr/include/linux/filter.h:24: error: parse error before "k"

Sounds like your <linux/filter.h> isn't including <linux/types.h>.
Including that manually, first, may suffice to fix it if you really need
BPF functionality. If you're just commenting on the *warning*, then what
do you expect? This system has been EOL for about 8 years already.

I don't know when that missing #include was added. It was already there
by the time of the first commit in the kernel repo, over 7 years ago.

--
dwmw2