openssh static build - mission impossible?

Salvador Fandino sfandino at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 20:07:05 EST 2012

On 03/06/2012 05:13 AM, Mr Dash Four wrote:
> I am trying to build a static version of ssh, sshd and sftp, but after banging my head against the wall for the best part of the last 3 days I am about to give up...

Lately, I have been working on a Perl module that does just that.

It is still a work in progress. My aim was to be able to create easy to
install binaries for platforms that do not include recent versions of
OpenSSH (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, etc.), but it may serve you as well. At
least you will see a set of flags and configure options that work on
Unix systems.

In order to use it, you will have to download the following two modules
from github

  https://github.com/salva/p5-Module-StaticBinaryBuilder
  https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-StaticBinary

Install the first module and then run the StaticBuild.PL script from the
second. It will take care of downloading the packages (openssl and
openssh), and compile them from scratch with the proper options.