openssh static build - mission impossible?

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:58:55 EST 2012

> ..multilib or no, the libcrypt.a being used is from /usr/lib and
> since you say that this means armv7l then I don't think that is a
> library you want to use on the armv6l target.
Where did I say that my libcrypt.a is from armv7l?

>  The compiler used
> having yet another tuple (armv5tel) doesn't reduce potential
> problems and question marks.

The compiler *never* used the armv5tel tuple as it wasn't specified
anywhere! If you are going to teach me how to investigate a particular
issue, I'd suggest you take a leaf out of that book yourself and do it
properly!

I have already told you that my compiler is multilib capable and the
libcrypto.a in question is armv5tel, because that is what Fedora's
stable repository for arm offers. It is accepted by the compiler and
there won't be any issues, because of the arch used (armv5tel can be run
on armv6l machine without issues - I thought you already know that, the
fountain of knowledge that you are).

> I've pointed to multiple issues worth investigating, and I've
> explained one certain and one further possible high level solution
> to your problem even if you choose to completely ignore the issues
> worth investigating.

You've "pointed" me to absolutely nothing of note - you spend your last
3 posts pontificating instead of pointing out anything of substance or
anything I already didn't know about. On a quite a few of those posts
you were completely and utterly wrong.

As I suggested in my previous post - if you are unwilling or incapable
of contributing anything of substance, then don't bother replying.