problem with setting up ssh chroot account

garey garey.mills at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:34:51 EST 2012

Hello -

     I am trying to set up a ssh chroot account on a Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5 server. I have my jail set up and have copied over
a selection of commands and their libraries. I have also created a /
dev and some devices. As part of that, I had to create a /dev/pts
directory to handle the terminals.

    However, when I try to connect as the chrooted user, I get the
following error:

                         error: /dev/pts/0: No such file or directory

Garey Mills