percent_expand for QoS in ControlPath

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Mar 30 18:28:00 EST 2012

On 30 March 2012 10:22, Jared Yanovich <slovichon at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is why I suggested two separate sockets.
>
> This would mean ordering was maintained only down to the socket level, no?
>
>  Host host
>    ControlPath ~/.ssh/ctlsock/%h.%Q
>  $ ssh host            # this creates ~/.ssh/ctlsock/host.lowdelay
>  $ scp file host:      # this creates ~/.ssh/ctlsock/host.throughput
>
> All subsequent bulk transfers will use the 'throughput' socket, and likewise for
> interactive to 'lowdelay'.
>
> Am I mistaken?

If it transits with different TCP ports, it'll work, if it transits in
same TCP port, I don't understand how it could work, but I'd love to
see it done.
If it's different TCP ports, you're losing benefits of the
ControlSocket, as you need to do new 3way handshake etc (or multiple,
if that SSH connection happens to traverse many devices)?

--
  ++ytti