Can not capture internal-sftp process log in syslog

Raghu Udupa rudupa at easylink.com
Tue May 8 05:32:39 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use internal-sftp to limit sftp only access to a set of users.

I have set sshd_config as follows
sshd_config
===========
Subsystem sftp internal-sftp -f LOCAL0 -l VERBOSE
Match group ftp
 ChrootDirectory /sftp/%u
 X11Forwarding no
 AllowTcpForwarding no
 ForceCommand internal-sftp -f LOCAL0 -l VERBOSE
Match

I am able to access internal-sftp and run sftp sessions properly.

But, I am not able to capture the loggings written by internal-sftp process.

My syslog config settings are
/etc/syslog/syslog
==================
SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-m 0 -a /sftp/sftp.log.socket"

syslog.conf
In addition, syslog.conf has
local7.debug                                            /var/log/sftp.log
# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log

I am running RedHad 6 (2.6.9) in VM environment and I am using openssh 5.9

I need help in capturing internal-sftp process log in syslogs.

Thanks,
Raghu