OpenSSH banner doesnot display multibyte characters like korean

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Oct 5 10:39:56 EST 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM, balu chandra <balu9463 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also found little information inthe changelog on why strnvis() was
> introduced in input_userauth_banner. Is it added to address any
> security vulnerability.

I believe the intent was to prevent a malicious server from sending a
banner containing a terminal answerback command sequence.  I'm not
aware of any UTF-8 aware equivalent of strnvis, though (if someone
knows of one we'll look at using it).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.