any hope for bug 1663 or similar function?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Sep 16 22:54:26 EST 2012

Filipe Fernandes wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have the same problem with 150+ boxes all running OpenSSH.  Although
> we don't use the patch, and have to write services which modify the
> authorized_keys file on all boxes.
>
> OpenSSH 6.1 looks like it's up for review, but as far as I can tell,
> there's been no mention of the patch.
>
> Is there a timeline for something like this, or is it simply because
> the patch is not worthy of inclusion?

I think it's obvious from Damien's reply that there is strong desire
to include functionality in OpenSSH which solves the problem. The
general direction is also quite obvious from what he writes.

Instead of talking nonsense about a timeline you should just send a
perfect patch which does what Damien wants to do.

It is really *that* easy.

//Peter