OpenSSH 6.2 Not Allowing Pubkey Auth

Jeremy Brown mrmschf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:14:24 EST 2013

I'm running a Debian VPS that was originally configured with OpenSSH
5.5 and I could use pubkey auth without issue. A few days ago, I
decided to compile and install OpenSSH 6.2 for the AES-GCM support,
and now I cannot login to my server with pubkey auth. I can't seem to
figure out what the problem is, and when I replace the new sshd with
the one originally included with my server, it resumes functioning
without issue. For the record I'm using GCC 4.8 and OpenSSL 1.0.1e.

-Jeremy