Auth_Banner question

Jonathan Pauli jonathan at pauliwerks.com
Sat Apr 20 04:43:32 EST 2013

Thanks for your help Damien. After much debugging I discovered that
OpenSSHd 4.3 only seems to display the banner when the authentication
method is none. By default this php SSH client library uses the password
method so the banner is never sent by the server.

I also tested on OpenSSH_5.5p1 where the banner works with any auth
method, so it looks like you developer types found and fixed this quite
awhile ago. Sadly I'm stuck with CentOS 5.9 and thus OpenSSHd 4.3 in
production.

Thanks for your help though!