RemoteForward and dynamically allocated listen port

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Fri Aug 9 04:07:44 EST 2013

Excerpts from Alex Bligh's message of Tue Aug 06 07:29:41 -0700 2013:
> One problem with your approach is that the child may already be running
> by the time the remote forward is processed; that could be ten minutes
> after the session start.

It's a limitation, not a problem. :-)  The code I ran in my example runs
in do_setup_env, which only happens on initial connection.  If the
forward is requested later through the multiplexer, this code doesn't
run and you have to find some other way.  There is really no natural
solution for that case.

Andrew