OpenSSH 6.3p1 Smartcard-Support

Benjamin Fras benjaminfras at netbens.de
Wed Dec 11 20:28:43 EST 2013

Hi there,

has anybody managed to get the eToken Pro Anywhere work with SSH? I'm using the latest SafeNetAuthentication drivers available for Ubuntu 64bit (8.3) and everything is working just fine except for ssh. I can use the eToken for logging in, openvpn, rdestkop, etc. but it seems ssh does not recognize the device properly. The command "ssh -I /usr/lib/libeToken.so.8 user at hostname" is accessing the eToken somehow, as indicated by the blinking led. But it doesn't ask for a pin and thus the connection is aborted due to "no authentication methods available".

If you have any ideas please let me know. I've already spent hours of trying and nothing actually worked.

Thanks in advance,

Ben