Why ssh client breaks connection in expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS state?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Dec 12 06:35:21 EST 2013

On 12/11/2013 05:57, Darren Tucker wrote:
>> >What are the possible client failure points between the server events
>> >'expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS' and 'SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received'?
> tough to say without seeing the server-side debug output.

I think I figured out the cause. Fresh ssh client always asks this:
The authenticity of host '[server.host.name]:NNN ([server-host-ip]:NNN)'
can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is NN:NN:NN....
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

I think this "yes" has never been entered for this server host on client.
So, as I understand, in my case the server can do absolutely nothing,
and it requires the manual interruption on the client to hit "yes".
Or those options should be added on the client: -o
"StrictHostKeyChecking=no" -o "UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null"

Yuri