ssh "bash -c" bug

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Thu Feb 21 20:48:26 EST 2013

On 20 Feb 2013, at 20:46, Phil Pennock wrote:

> With a perspective of "command prefices, and preserve the command
> array" (like "nice", "nohup", any other command-that-takes-a-command),
> ssh's behaviour is a bug.  But it's long-standing, and changing it would
> break existing tools, so it's behaviour that you have to live with.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as a bug, but it is 'behaviour which is
occasionally irrirating' having been bitten by it before. Personally,
I'd like a command line flag that says 'take argv[] as separate
parameters, do not fold spindle or mutilate, and pass those
completely unchanged to exec on the remote end as separate
parameters'.

--
Alex Bligh