ssh "bash -c" bug

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Feb 22 02:55:54 EST 2013

Alex Bligh wrote:
> >> I'd like a command line flag that says 'take argv[] as separate
> >> parameters, do not fold spindle or mutilate, and pass those
> >> completely unchanged to exec on the remote end as separate
> >> parameters'.
> >
> > Please study the SSH protocol.
>
> I'm unaware of anything in the ssh protocol which would prevent
> this (assuming I want to do exactly what I said, just exec
> a command) and indeed I'm pretty sure one could write it
> as a trivial wrapper.

Sure! If it's OK to require a special server-side install in order to
support this new service then no problem.

The easiest by far would be to use a subsystem. The flag for that is
already there. :)

> why would this be impossible using a flag plus helper binary server side?

A helper binary is acceptable in your case, but that is something
quite different from a flag on the client side.

//Peter