OpenSSH Overwrite path

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Jan 13 07:10:02 EST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 02:20:50PM +0100, Ángel González wrote:
> El 11/01/13 13:05, Jose Ortega escribió:
> > Good news, your program CYGWIN Openssh has overwrite my %PATH% in a Prudcution W2003 Server.
> > Many thanks for the problems in my job.
> Why are you complaining to the OpenSSH project instead of Cygwin?
> http://www.cygwin.com/
>
> (I think it does ask before adding itself -not replacing- to the system
> path, but don't take my word for it...)

One of the issues we ran into with the OpenVPN NSIS installer: on systems
with a PATH of more than 1024 bytes, the installer's buffer is not big
enough, and the path gets replaced, instead of appended to.  To fix this,
you need to recompile makensis with different buffer settings...

(This has nothing to do with openssh-*unix*-dev, of course, but it might
help whoever packaged that binary to avoid this particular trap)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de