[off topic] [research] Interviews for contributors over 50 for Oregon State University research

Jen D davidsje at onid.orst.edu
Wed Jul 10 14:33:21 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

I apologize, but I sent out the incorrect recruitment email. Here is the
correct one:

Hello,

Researchers at Oregon State University are striving to conduct research to
learn more about the free/open source software community landscape as it
relates to older adults. We’re looking for older adults who are older than
50 and are currently involved with a free/open source software project. You
will be excluded from the study if you are younger than 50, have not
contributed to a free/open source software project, or are not fluent in
English. If you’re interested, we will either do an in-person interview (if
you are local to the Corvallis or Portland area), or an interview over the
phone (if you are not local). The interview is expected to last no longer
than an hour. You will not be compensated for participating in this study.

The study title is Involving Older Adults in the Design and Development of
Free/Open Source Software – Part 2. The principal investigator is Dr.
Carlos Jensen.

If you would like to participate in the study, please read through the
eligibility document and consent document [1]. Please email us at
davidsje at onid.orst.edu to set up a time to determine your eligibility and
to set up a time/location to do an interview.

Thank you,

Jennifer Davidson                            Carlos Jensen

davidsje at onid.orst.edu
cjensen at eecs.oregonstate.edu

[1] people.oregonstate.edu/~davidsje/researchForms/groupB/