Any way to over-ride the "-q" option to debug a possible race condition?

Flavien flavien-ssh at lebarbe.net
Fri Jul 19 00:39:28 EST 2013

Laurence Marks ecrivait :
> [...]
>
> The most obvious thing I can think of to do is include LogLevel DEBUG
> in my .ssh/config to try and trace what is going on, but the ssh
> process is being launched with a "-q" embedded in it which is
> over-riding this. I am hopeful that there is something I can set to
> short-circuit the "-q", although I realise that the chance of their
> being some undocumented option is small (but finite).
>  [....]

If you cannot change the command line that calls ssh with "-q", a
warkaround can be to change the ssh binary itself to a wrapper that
calls ssh without the "-q".
Just move the binary to ssh.bin, and have a small shell script named
ssh that removes the "-q" option before "exec"-ing ssh.bin.

Hope this helps,

Flavien.