Failure to Launch (was override -q option)

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sun Jul 21 09:24:00 EST 2013

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013, Laurence Marks wrote:

> Hmmmm. I guess I can create a script to run "strace ssh @". I will
> have to do a bit of tweaking of a few scripts since I don't want to
> disturb jobs which are currently running happily using openmpi/mpirun
> to replace ssh.

Maybe something like

#!/bin/sh
exec strace -ffro ssh.strace ssh "$@"

This should make ssh.strace.$PID logs that will be easier to read than
everything mushed together.

strace output may well contain sensitive information like the contents
of private keys. You should either use a test key or send only logs
from after the point where authentication has completed (we're only
interested in that anyway).

-d