Failure to Launch (was override -q option)

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jul 22 23:41:50 EST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 08:11:40AM -0500, Laurence Marks wrote:
> It may be that I will need to run a number of similar jobs in parallel
> which is tricky to setup reliably with a queueing system. One
> question: is there any conceivable way if 10-20 tasks are all trying
> to connect via ssh at the same time that there can be an issue? They

There is a limit on the number of yet-unauthenticated ssh sessions that
the server permits.

sshd_config

     MaxStartups
             Specifies the maximum number of concurrent unauthenticated con-
             nections to the SSH daemon.  Additional connections will be
             dropped until authentication succeeds or the LoginGraceTime
             expires for a connection.  The default is 10.

this *might* be hitting you...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de