forwarding.sh [was: Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.3]

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 26 18:43:29 EST 2013

On Jul 25 18:38, Tim Rice wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jul 2013, Tim Rice wrote:

> > > I'm testing from current CVS, and I ran into a problem on Cygwin.  The
> > > new forwarding.sh regression test testing LocalForward/RemoteForward
> > > doesn't work.  I'm getting "connection refused" errors.
> >
> > In case you're building from a read only tree, I've just committed
> > a fix to forwarding.sh for that.
>
> Actually the fix is for building outside the source tree. The fact
> that it was spotted while building from a read only tree is not relevant.

Oh, *that* was the problem.  Thanks for spotting.  Yes, I'm always
building outside the source tree, unless the project's build system
doesn't allow that.

Problem is fixed, all tests pass.

However, I have another tiny testsuite problem.

The sftp.sh test tests with a buffersize of 5.  While this test works
fine, it's an excessive performance hit under Cygwin.  I tested this in
a Windows 8 VM, and the buffersize 5 test alone takes hours.  With all
other buffersizes, it's a case of seconds.

Is there a chance we can disable the buffersize 5 test?

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen