"Virtual hosts" for ssh

Ángel González keisial at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 03:56:19 EST 2013

On 09/06/13 19:12, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Ángel González<keisial at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> And restrict it to [a-z][a-z0-9.-]* please :)
> I'd personally love to se DNS go back to RFC 035 and use 7-bit ASCII
> characters, limited as you describe. Unfortunately, RFC 3490 blew that
> out of the water with the internationalization of domain names.
> Canonicalizing domain names got a *lot* harder with that RFC.
I was expecting the client to provide the domain in punycode form. :)

Restricting to what is used by the underlying dns seemed logical,
although my
main interest was doing in the server the cleanup so that it doesn't end
up with
control characters, .., backticks, slashes et al. so that for instance
the following
naive script would be safe:

#!/bin/sh
set -e