Matching username in ssh_config

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Jun 19 17:45:39 EST 2013

On 19 June, 2013 - Damien Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013, Anton Lundin wrote:
>
> > But it would be awesome of it was possible to add before that, eg fist
> > match as all other blocks, a stanza looking like:
> >
> > Host root at host123
> >  IdentityFile rootkey
>
> I floated the idea recently with Darren of introducing Match for ssh_config:
>
> Match user djm host evil.com
> 	IdentityFile foo
>
> I'll try to implement this for 6.3 if I get time and nobody beats me to it.
> It's pretty easy if anyone wants to have a go at it - most of the
> infrastructure already exists for the "Host" directive.

This is probably better than my suggestion, to actually unify how
matches and blocks are done between ssh and sshd and reuse that code.

The only downside that i see is that old clients will look at the new
config format and say: "Bad configuration option: Match"

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604